Photo: Vancity, IBA program sponsor
Since 2009, the Indigenous Business Award (IBA) program has celebrated over 220 Indigenous businesses, showcasing their courage, skill, and strength that reflect the growing Indigenous economy in British Columbia.
BC Achievement is honoured to uplift these exceptional entrepreneurial models and set a course for others to follow, made possible by our steadfast and evolving sponsorship family.
Today, we express our heartfelt appreciation to the numerous supporters and partners of the IBA program. With each passing year, our sponsorship family grows, and we are grateful for their belief in and active support of the program’s goals. Together, we have invested over $2.5 million in Indigenous businesses since the launch of the IBA program.
The 2023 IBA sponsorship campaign is in full swing, and we extend a big thank you to all those supporting the 15th annual IBA program to date. We eagerly anticipate celebrating the 2023 awardees together at the Gala Presentation Dinner in Vancouver on November 1, 2023. Stay tuned for ticket details!
The theme for this year’s IBA program is ‘building community’ and our sponsors are leading the way.
We extend our thanks to the following funders to date:
- Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation 2023 Program Partner – since the 2009 launch (multi-year funding agreement)
- Vancity 2023 Awardee sponsor – since 2009 (multi-year funding agreement)
- Teck Resources Limited 2023 Presentation sponsor – since 2010 (multi-year funding agreement)
- TD Bank Group 2023 Alumni sponsor – since 2013
- Ovintiv Canada 2023 Elders’ & Dancers’ sponsor – since 2010
IBA program 2023 film sponsors:
- New Relationship Trust (2010)
- BC Hydro (2009)
- BC Transit (2019)
- Seaspan (2021)
- Simpcw Resources Group (program alumni 2019 and sponsor since 2022)
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (2020)
- West Fraser (2018)
IBA 2023 supporting sponsor:
- Fortis BC (2018)
IBA 2023 community and media sponsors:
- BC Ferries
- Bear’s Lair
- Frog Radio
- Indigenous World Winery
- Stir Magazine
- World Trade Centre
Empowering Indigenous businesses is at the core of the IBA program’s vision. Sponsorship funding and in-kind support enable BC Achievement to amplify Indigenous entrepreneurship excellence which serves as a model of success for aspiring entrepreneurs to follow.
Join us for the 2023 IBA sponsorship campaign and support Indigenous business excellence in BC.
To sponsor the Indigenous Business Award program, please contact Angela Marston, IBA Program Director, at [email protected]. Let’s create opportunities together!
BC Achievement: Elevate Excellence. Share Success. Inspire Change.